We have loved becoming upholsterers and remember how it feels
to learn a new craft. We believe it is important to have plenty of one to one instruction time, to have the right tools and equipment, dedicated upholstery benches and a welcoming, inspiring and
Upholstery is a complex skill and involves many techniques.
We can lead you through the learning process starting with simple projects like a drop in seat or footstool, progressing on to more complex armchairs. The satisfaction and joy of creating
is what got us hooked on this rewarding craft and we hope that you too will fall in love with upholstery.
- Our weekday sessions run throughout the year. We have morning sesions from 9.00am to 12.00 noon on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Afternoon sessions 2.00pm to
5.00pm on Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Saturday sessions are 4 hours long with a maximum of 4 students per session - 9.30am - 1.30pm and run every other week
- All sessions include a drink and biscuit break.
Before starting upholstery lessons:
- Find a suitable project - We recommend you start small and discover the materials and processes you need to learn and reach the finish quickly. A drop-in dining
chair or footstool is an ideal beginner’s project.
- Think about where your project will live and what you might want to cover it in. We can help you find the right type of fabric for your project and explain the
difference between soft furnishing and upholstery fabrics and the relevance of fire retardant treatments.
How to book onto a group:
- If you would like to start upholstery sessions please email email@example.com
- Let us know what day and time suits you, if there is a space in that group we'll get you started straight away, otherwise we'll add you to a waiting list for that
time. Spaces become available all the time as students complete their chairs.
- Each session cost £50.00 and is payable on the day either by cash, card or cheque.
- If you have to cancel you session with less than a week’s notice you will be charged half the cost of your session.
- Advance notice is free.
- Materials used on your project will be charged for on a monthly basis or at the end of your project depending on its size.
Be creative, learn a new skill and make new friends.