Wednesday 6.30 - 9.00pm – starting March 2018
We are opening Mary’s Chairs workshop on Wednesday evenings for a creative community group. We understand how hard it can be to make time and space at home
to be creative. We hope to encourage you to complete projects that have lain dormant, give space for projects that are impractical to do at home and ignite your creative flow. We
won't be providing any formal tuition but our tools, facilities and workspace will be available (including sewing machines) and we hope everyone will share their tips and experience. You are
welcome to bring along your own sewing machine and equipment as well.
We will be hosting these weekly sessions in our workshop at the Sylva Foundation Wood Centre in Long Wittenham. You don't have to attend every week and can
arrive and leave whenever suits you between 6.30 and 9pm. We'll provide hot drinks and cakes and if you would like to bring your dinner there are basic kitchen facilities available to warm
Why join Threads?
- You'll be able to work in our dedicated workshop and use the facilities.
- Opportunity to use our Janome DKS 100 SE sewing machines and equipment.
- Be inspired and encouraged by others.
- Share skills and experience.
- Discover new crafts and techniques.
- Able to discreetly make a present for a loved one.
- No need to clear the dining room table or make space at home.
- Meet new friends, meet old friends.
- Hot drinks and cake provided.
How Threads works:
- Become a Threads member by joining the community. This can be done in person at the workshop or via email - email@example.com
- You will need a Facebook account but don’t worry if you don’t currently have one. We can help you set it up and you don’t need to use it for more than Threads if you
don’t want. As well as signing up for the evening sessions it will also enable you to keep in touch with your Threads friends and what’s going on.
- Each week a Facebook event will be posted,which you book onto to reserve your place. If for any reason you are not able to come please be sure to sign out of the
event so that someone else doesn't miss out.
- We will set a limit to ensure we are not oversubscribed and prevent disappointment on the evening.
- Attendance will be strictly on a first come first served basis.
- Turn up with your project and get work underway.
- Bring your own sewing machine if would like to.
- We will not offer any formal tuition- though we will aim to be helpful and encourage all to share their experience.
- The workshop will not be set up for upholstery projects.
- Basic admission is £10.00; this includes hot drinks and cake.
We hope Threads is relaxing, informal and the favourite part of your week!
If you would like to receive our newsletter and information about upcoming events Click on the link