Wednesday 6.30 - 8.45pm – starting February 2018
We are opening
Mary’s Chairs workshop on Wednesday evenings for a creative community group. We understand how hard it can be to make time and space at home to be creative. We hope to encourage
you to complete projects that have lain dormant, give space for projects that are impractical to do at home and ignite your creative flow.
- You'll be able to work in our dedicated workshop and use the facilities
- Opportunity to use our Janome DKS 100 SE sewing machines and equipment
- Be inspired and encouraged by others
- Share skills and experience
- Discover new crafts and techniques
- Able to discreetly make a present for a loved one
- No need to clear the dining room table or make space at home
- Meet new friends, meet old friends
- Hot drinks and cake provided
- Become a Threads member by joining the community. This can be done in person at the workshop or via email - email@example.com
- You will need a Facebook account but don’t worry if you don’t currently have one. We can help you set it up and you don’t need to use it for more than Threads if you don’t want.
As well as signing up for the evening sessions it will also enable you to keep in touch with your Threads friends and what’s going on.
- Each week a Facebook event will be posted,which you book onto to reserve your place. If for any reason you are not able to come please be sure to sign out of the event so that
someone else doesn't miss out.
- We will set a limit to ensure we are not oversubscribed and prevent disappointment on the evening.
- Attendance will be strictly on a first come first served basis.
- Turn up with your project and get work underway.
- Bring your own sewing machine if would like to.
- We will not offer any formal tuition- though we will aim to be helpful and encourage all to share their experience.
- The workshop will not be set up for upholstery projects.
- Basic admission is £10.00; this includes hot drinks and cake.
- Hire of workshop sewing machine for the evening £4.00 (with a basic tutorial if you need it).
We hope Threads is relaxing, informal and the favourite part of your week!